Set up and sync the app
The Hunter line of SIMPLEconnect WiFi fans gives you the advantage of being able to control the speed and light of the fan using a traditional remote control or the updated SIMPLEconnect app for iOS.
After you have downloaded or updated the SIMPLEconnect 2.0 app on your iOS phone or tablet, follow these simple steps to set up and sync the app to your SIMPLEconnect WiFi fan.
- First, you need to create a new account. If you had already created an account with the SIMPLEconnect WIFI app, you can use the same username and password and control your devices again without problems.
- Press the plus sign (+) to start. Make sure all fans in your house are turned off, except the one you want to sync. You also need to cycle the fan and reset the Hunter remote.
- Then you must connect to WiFi through the app. This may take a few minutes.
- On the add accessory screen, you'll need to scan the HomeKit code, which you can find inside the remote.
- Once the code has been known, you must select the fan you want to synchronize. Make sure to allow the fan to connect to your WiFi network.
- The app is now connected to the ventilator, this may take a moment. Your SIMPLEconnect fan has now been added. You have the option to add additional fans later.
Your app is now in sync. Now you can control your fan with your phone.